Tuesday 27 August 2013

Meanwhile back on QISMA ...

One of my occasional spooky days yesterday.

I'd disembarked to go to Midhurst to mind Max and Oscar for my friend Marion. Not sure if Max would be as welcoming as usual as I wasn't bringing his mate - LJ that is, though knew Oscar de la Rente, the cat, wouldn't object.

Marion met me at Chichester station. Had a mooch round Chi. Drove back to Midhurst, lovely cuppa and home,made jam tarts, walked Max. Pottering around about 1845 when I got a text from my friend Karen, who I don't see nearly often enough, to say she was in the pub in Singleton where we'd gone to celebrate my 50th with Graham, her Dad and Rollo, the chocolate lab. Marion lived in the village until last year.

They had to drive past the end of Marion's street to get home so she immediately said call in for a coffee.

We were very quickly off the mark with subjects ranging  to the fashion for tomotoes in hanging baskets. Karen's Dad, Norman, who is fant attic AND a Yorkshire man, tells us 'they are all the rage'.

I was telling the story of my early retirement and Karen remembered that after a lifetime of being a MOD 'warrior' or faceless bureaucrat who ruined the lives of service personnel, whichever corner you are in, that I finished my career at the Ministry of Justice. She asked me if I'd ever come across one particular person, chances seemed slim but  no, not only did I know her, I'd must been talking about her, without naming names and she was a close colleague. Now moved on to MOD and is Karen's boss.

Meanwhile, back on QISMA, Alistair went down to the Marina at Cowroast, fuelled etc and bought, what he hoped, would be replacement glass for the cracked glass in our much loved headlamp. I have to say I was a tad nervous but ....




No comments:

Post a Comment