Saturday 18 January 2014

Out and about in Pembrokeshire

We took advantage of  a lovely day yesterday to do a bit of a wander. Down  to St David's and on to Solva then to Newgale beach. LJ was, and is,  totally shattered after two beach and an estuary walk and I fell in love, not just with the scenery but with the Window on Wales shop in Solva. I need another two hours in there. I'm not worried as am sure we will be back. Solva just such a special place.


We finished the day with a meal at the Golden Lion. Our second. We just have to visit the Royal Oak and we'll have spread ourselves round the three Newport pubs open through the winter. We thought we'd learnt our lesson from last Saturday and arrived at 1800. The only two tables left in the bar were round the corner by the pool table! They don't serve food until 1830. Arrive early to avoid disappointment. My meal was so good I forgot there was a chap playing pool resting his cue on my shoulder but our quest for a sticky toffee pudding to beat the White Hart at Lydgate continues.

Some of today's views









No comments:

Post a Comment