We got the better of the deal because we moored after the third lock 90 minutes ago and the cruiser is is either still fighting his way through the weeds or has given up. Both locks are ready for them if they make it.
They were surprised, though not for long, to hear of our struggles yesterday. Then they tried winding. Hard for the man. Impossible for the woman. Same as us. They hadn't expected it because yesterday they hadn't touched a lock because ...you could be ahead of me here ...THE WATER PATROLLER HAD WORKED ALL THE LOCKS FOR THEM. The same water patroller who told us we could 't expect any help on this system or the Barrow. We hear that's not true either.
Also the same water patroller who said we were the first boat in 30 years that he'd heard had problems. Well...you wait 30 years to hear this and the very next day ....
I am just grateful they were there and our nightmare scenario didn't play out. Downhill for us now back to the Shannon so even if there is no water patroller to help and I can't manage the paddles, Alistair can set them and jump back on.
We are in no rush!